Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dive for a Cure

I did something awesome this weekend (correction... this is more like a month ago now)... I did "Dive for a Cure"... Now, I know by this point everyone and their mother has some sort of race or marathon to raise money for this that and the other thing... this was soo much cooler. Dive for a Cure is Scuba diving to raise money for cancer research and things. Diver's are a special breed of people. We have more fun I think. For races for cures... there's a race... prizes, maybe some food and beer. When you dive for a cure... there's guys staying underwater for 24 hours... there's relay teams diving for 24 hours, there's a silent auction, karaoke, kegs, a beer pong tournament, cornhole tournament, black jack tournament, a dunk tank, dog training, a date auction, face painting... and the list goes on and on and on.

Seeing as I don't know a whole lot of people here, I decided to go ahead and volunteer for the event. I meandered around, met people, and sat underwater for like two hours watching really hot navy divers wrestle each other underwater. Then the next day, I brought my mom, and took her diving for her very first time. Super ridiculously awesome, and possibly one of the best cancer fundraisers i've ever been to.

No comments: