Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cancer v. Nanobubbles

So I'm a big sci-fi dork, and find the idea of nanobots battling cancer full of cheesy sci-fi movie potential, while also being awesome. I do realize the article says nothing about nanobots, but rather nano particles... but for sci-fi purposes, it would be nanobots... But still, nanoparticles and lasers sound like something from a book. Particularly interesting is how they can target specific individual cells and can make them larger, and has been used in head and neck. I don't know about you, but for someone that deals w/ thyca, this could be huge. I mean, think about it... instead of using I-131 to eradicate leftover cells after surgery, using these little buggers instead? An end to potentially positive tests but where things are too small to biops to be sure. Maybe I'm jumping the gun a little bit here, but there seems to be sooooo much potential. Interested to see where it goes next

Nanobubbles: A New Weapon in the Fight Against Cancer?

2 comments:

Hippofatamus said...

Hey Robs! I figured out where to find you! I wanted to thank you for your comment on my thyca blog, and also let you know where you can find that music player I have. It's free, it's awesome and it's found here: http://www.playlist.com/

Now I am off to read this article about Nanobubbles!!!

Daria said...

A while back I saw the Outer Limits and they had nanobots. Of course it was a bazaar show which I won't forget too soon.

It's really something ... nanobubbles. Hope they kick cancers butt.